If you’re like most parents on their search for a perfect boy name, you may be hoping to incorporate special meaning, honor a family or cultural tradition, or find a name that is unique on their own.
Here, we’ve gathered top 1000 Baby Boys Name in 2020, and answered the frequently asked questions.
Top boy names for 2020
What are cool names for a boy
Underrated boy names
Can we give a shoutout to these super-underrated baby names? One of these cool-guy options may be just what you’re looking for.
Tough-sounding boy names
We love these tough-guy names because they have a confident air to them, often thanks to the letters X or Z (think Axel or Zander). Skip too-obvious names like Hercules or King, however, which can seem like you’re trying too hard to sound tough or strong. Rocco gets that done in spades and is much more subtle, no? Check out our picks below.
What is the most rare nameThese unusual baby names come from parenting site BabyCenter, which surveyed more than 340,000 parents in 2020 to identify the most common and the most unusual names of the year. To have made the list, a name had to have been given to at least three babies in 2020.
- Everest — Eighty boys and 12 girls were named for the Earth’s highest mountain in 2014.
- Jedi — I would like to think that the baby Jedi out there all have baby lightsabers.
- Pi — The incomparable Kate Bush has the perfect lullaby for this baby
- Quest — Thirty boys got this heroic sounding name in 2014.
- Sylar — It’s a nice sounding name, but I can’t help thinking of Zachary Quinto being terrifying on Heroes.
What boy name means handsome?
- Here’s our top pick of names meaning ‘handsome’.
- Keane: Of Celtic origin meaning ‘tall and handsome’.
- Beau: Of French origin meaning ‘handsome’.
- Aden: Biblical origin meaning ‘handsome, adorned.’
- Calix: From the Greek meaning ‘very handsome’.
- Cullen: From the Irish meaning ‘handsome/good looking.’
- Faron: Biblical name meaning ‘handsome servant.’
- Kanu: From the Hindi meaning ‘handsome’.
- Keefe: From the Irish meaning ‘handsome, lovable, loved, noble, gentle.’
- Nordin: Of Norse origin meaning ‘handsome man.’
- Bellamy: Meaning ‘handsome friend’ in French.
- Enver: From the Turkish word meaning ‘handsome.’
- Jamal: Of Arabic origin meaning ‘handsome.’
- Macallan: Scottish origin meaning ‘son of a handsome man’ also popular in the Jewish religion.
- Paris: German and French origin meaning ‘handsome prince of Troy.’
- Teague: Irish, Celtic origin meaning ‘a handsome poet.’
What are some badass boy names?
Now is the age of badass baby names. Giving your little one a badass name does not imply that he will grow into an evil kid! Instead, he would become an unique and independent person
Below is our list of badass baby names. Some of these names are modern; some are inspired by our favorite celebrities, and others harken back to a time where badass was considered outrageous. But, we’ve selected a list of some badass names. So, select one for you kids now.
What boy name means happy?
Asher: Is of Hebrew origin and means ‘fortunate, blessed, happy one.’
Cayo: is of Spanish origin and means ‘rejoice.’
Fane: Means ‘someone of a cheerful disposition’ and originates from the Middle Ages.
Felix: Is of Latin origin and means ‘happy, fortunate.’
Gale: Of Old English origin meaning ‘cheerful or happy.’
Hani: Is of Arabic descent and means ‘happy, content.’
Isaac: Biblical name meaning ‘laughter.’
Zorion: Has Basque origins and means ‘happy.’
Eddie: From the Old English name Edward, meaning ‘rich or happy.’
Peli: Comes from the Latin American meaning ‘happy.’
Naim: From the African meaning ‘happy.’
Denton: Has English origins and means ‘happy home.’
Blythe: In English means ‘happy, merry.’
Teddy: Can be derived from Theodore meaning ‘divine gift.’
Oysten: Originates from Norway and means ‘happy.’
Oron: A friendly, yet strong name meaning ‘happy.’
What boy name means power?
Choosing a powerful name for your future child is just as important as how the name LOOKS and SOUNDS.
These 50 names, collected via Pop Sugar are not only adorable but they have a strong meaning behind them also, making them that much more appealing.
- Aaron: Hebrew — Enlightened.
- Aiden: Celtic — The sun god; fiery.
- Alexander: Greek — Defender of men.
- Amell: German — Power of an eagle.
- Amory: German — Leader; divine; brave; powerful.
- Andrew: Greek — Strong; manly; courageous.
- Anthony: Latin — Priceless.
- Asher: Hebrew —Happy or blessed.
- Austin: Latin — Majestic dignity.
- Azai: Hebrew — Strength.
- Aziel: Hebrew — God is my power.
- Caelan: Irish — Powerful warrior; victorious people.
- Chance: English — Good fortune.
- Charlie: English — Free.
- David: Hebrew — Beloved.
- Edric: English — Power and good fortune.
- Edward: English — Wealthy guardian.
- Elliot: Hebrew — Lord is my God.
- Ethan: Hebrew — Strong; safe; firm.
- Ezra: Hebrew — Helper.
- Felix: Latin — Happy; fortunate.
- Gabriel: Hebrew — Devoted to God; a hero of God; God is my strength.
- Henry: German — Ruler of the household.
- Ian: Scottish — God is gracious.
- Isaac: Hebrew — He will laugh.
- Isaiah: Hebrew — Salvation of the lord.
- Jayce: Greek — Healer.
- Jonathan: Hebrew — God gives.
- Josiah: Hebrew — Fire of the Lord; healer.
- Julian: Latin — Father of the skies.
- Kano: Japanese — One’s masculine power; capability.
- Levi: Hebrew — Joined in harmony.
- Liam: Irish — Strong-willed warrior and protector.
- Lucas: Latin — Light-giving; illumination.
- Magnus: Latin — Greatest.
- Matthew: Hebrew — Gift from God.
- Miles: Latin — Soldier.
- Milo: German — Merciful.
- Nathan: Hebrew — He gave.
- Ned: English — Wealthy guardian.
- Noah: Hebrew — Rest; comfort.
- Nolan: Gaelic — A descendant of a chariot fighter or champion; famous; noble.
- Oswald: English — Divine power.
- Owen: Welsh — Young warrior; well-born; noble.
- Robert: German — Bright fame.
- Ryan: Irish — Descendent of the king; little king.
- William: German — Strong-willed warrior; resolute protection.
- Xander: Greek — Protector of men.
- Zachary: Hebrew — Remembered by God.
- Zane: Hebrew — God’s gracious gift.